This blog post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase using them. The commission is paid by the retailer at no extra cost to you.
My Libra self loves that autumn is my birthday season and the leaves put on a spectacular show as they change colors. However…autumn also means – as is the motto of House of Stark – winter is coming. And I am not a fan of winter.
Therefore, ever the optimist, I seek to welcome and embrace the goodness that fall has to offer like pumpkins, orange leaves, football games, and the marvelous, cozy aroma of warming essential oils in my diffuser.
The Transformative Power of Essential Oils
It’s quite remarkable how the aroma of certain essential oils can change my autumn anxiety from trepidation about the changing season to having a deep sense of home, safety, and coziness. This is in addition to the incredible immunity-enhancing, anti-bacterial properties happening as you diffuse.
Which Essential Oil Diffuser Should You Use?
There are a gazillion diffusers out there to choose from, use what you love. I prefer simple, inexpensive, lighted cool-mist diffusers like this one.
5 Easy Fall DIY Diffuser Blends
These are my favs, so please feel free to adapt and exchange essential oils to fit your personal aromatic preferences. My recipes are always meant to inspire you to create your own, though you are welcome to use them exactly as I’ve shared.
PS. Naming blends isn’t my strength so feel to give them new names!
1. Pumpkin Spice
2. Spiced Chai
- 3 drops Sweet Orange Essential Oil (Citrus sinensis)
- 2 drops Cassia Bark Essential Oil Cinnamomum cassia)
- 2 drops Clove Essential Oil (Eugenia caryophyllata)
3. Autumn Mood Lift
This recipe helps to lift my mood when the darker, shorter days begin to affect me negatively.
- 3 drops Bergamot Essential Oil (Citrus bergamia)
- 2 drops Sweet Orange Essential Oil (Citrus sinensis)
- 1 drop Lemon Essential Oil (Citrus limon)
- 1 drop Cinnamon Essential Oil (Cinnamomum zeylanicum)
4. Snickerdoodle Cookies
- 4 drops Sweet Orange Essential Oil (Citrus sinensis)
- 2 drops Cinnamon Essential Oil (Cinnamomum zeylanicum)
- 1 drop Clove Bud Essential Oil (Eugenia caryophyllata)
- 1 drop Nutmeg Essential Oil (Myristica fragrans)
5. Autumn Woods
- 2 drops Cypress Essential Oil (Cupressus sempervirens)
- 2 drops Black Spruce Essential Oil (Picea mariana)
- 2 drops Siberian Fir Essential Oil (Abies Siberica)
- 2 drops Spikenard Essential Oil (Nardostachys jatamansi)
That should give you a cozy, welcoming feel to your home as we begin to transition into the cooler, shorter days.
Where to Buy Essential Oils:
Suggested Essential Oil Suppliers – with GC/MS reports
Suggested Essential Oil Suppliers – without GC/MS reports