Episode 3 is another “Learn with Liz” session in which Liz teaches you about the cornerstone of aromatherapy – essential oils.
Three salient points were covered:
1. What is an essential oil?
2. Why do we use essential oils?
3. Liz shares a list of the 10 best essential oils to get you started in aromatherapy.
In today’s Smell My Life segment, Liz shares the story of spending the weekend at a friend’s house and a spontaneous Siberian Fir moment.
Links Mentioned in the Show:
- Managing Holiday Stress with Essential Oils and Affirmations blog post
- American Botanical Council Article with Photographs of Essential Oil glands from the book“Secretory Structures Of Aromatic And Medicinal Plants: A Review And Atlas Of Micrographs” by Katerina Svoboda and Tomas Svoboda
Where to find detailed information about each essential oil in the top ten list
- Tea Tree
- Sweet Orange
- Roman Chamomile
Thanks for this great PodCast!! I’m fairly new to Essential Oils and am in the process of putting together a list of what to buy for my first purchase. This helped me tremendously, as most of what I had on my list is what you suggested…tells me I’m on the right track! Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!!
I love these podcasts!! Although I have used essential oils for many years, I many times feel like a beginner just because I have not “studied” the oils well. This is a fantastic way to educate myself even in my busy life 🙂 I would have to say that my favorite must have oil is, as you mentioned, lavender!! Thanks, Liz. I look forward to more……. Karen
Thanks for great podcast. I accidentally find it on Podbin, and really enjoyed. I have used essential oils for few years now, and i experimented with it a lot. But anyway, I find myself beginner in it, because i didn’t know many things about essential oils. This is a great opportunity to educate myself. Thanks again ❤️
Hi Dina! I’m SO happy you’re enjoying the podcast and, in particular, learning from it! Thank you so much for your kind words and keep on listening! Liz xo