This blog post was updated for accuracy and relevance on January 3, 2024 nd may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase using them. The commission is paid by the retailer at no extra cost to you.
A Vision Board is a collection of images that inspire you to be, do, and have what you most desire.
With our busy lives, it’s too easy for our dreams to get pushed to the background. Your vision board is a way to listen to your heart, discover your dreams and manifest them!
What, then, is an Aromatherapy Vision Board?
An Aromatherapy Vision Board is a collection of images and words that are specific to what you want to be, do and have in your aromatic life, be it personal or professional.
Your aromatherapy goals may be as simple as taking your first workshop to learn more about essential oils or as ambitious as creating a line of specialized natural perfumes.
Here are some examples of what to add to your Aromatherapy Vision Board to help stir your creative juices!
- Own a collection of organic precious oils
- Become a Certified Aromatherapist
- Attend a Professional Aromatherapy Conference (For example, a NAHA or AIA Conference)
- Replace your home cleaning products with natural cleaners
- Begin your own Aromatherapy blog
- Create your own line of aromatherapy products or essential oils
- Publish an article about essential oils in a professional journal like this one or this one
- Own a beautiful essential oil diffuser with blue tooth for your home or office.
- Learn to make therapeutic blends to keep your family healthy
- Incorporate essential oils and aromatherapy into your massage practice
- Leave an unsatisfying job to work as a Professional Aromatherapist
- Visit Provence France to see the lavender fields
- Own a beautiful wooden box to store your essential oils
- Attend a class with a teacher you admire
Where to Find Images
Depending on what you’re trying to depict, you will find many images in old magazines that you can find in libraries, salons, and doctor’s offices. You can also find beautiful images in “coffee table” books at yard sales and thrift stores.
For images and words that are specific to your aromatherapy dreams, you’ll need to go to industry-specific sources.
If the idea of cutting up these magazines is out of the question (it is for me), then just make a color copy of your favorite pictures at your local library. OfficeMax, Office Depot, and Staples also offer printing and copying services.
Keep your images in a folder until you’re ready to glue them down. Remember, this is YOUR dream board, so anything goes, A certain image might make sense to no one but you. That’s fine! And don’t forget to put pictures of yourself on the board!
Steps to Creating Your Own Aromatherapy Vision Board!
Step a2. Get out your folder of images and, before you start gluing, move the images around the board until it feels right. Don’t forget to add affirmations and positive words too, like, “Mary Smith, Certified Aromatherapist” or “I am scheduled to take a class with Liz Fulcher” (I couldn’t resist). Keep your words in the present, like it has already happened!
You might want to make a vision board for your entire life and have an aromatherapy corner, or make an entire vision board for all your aromatherapy goals like education, products to own, career, etc.
Step 3. Now put on some relaxing music, grab your glue stick, and start making your dreams permanent on paper!
Step 4. Put your vision board someplace where you will see it every day like your bedroom, kitchen, or office. Try to keep the area around your vision board clean and clutter-free. Visit your vision board frequently and look at the images. Feel what it’s like having these things come true for you. Never underestimate the power of visualization! When you surround yourself with images of who you want to become and what you want to have, your life changes to match those images.
What is on MY personal Aromatherapy Vision Board?
Stating it in the present, here are a couple of current personal goals and dreams for my aromatic life:
- I offer a 200 hour NAHA-approved online Aromatherapy Certification Program
- I have published an aromatherapy book and selling it from my website and on Amazon
- I am traveling to southern Italy with my husband to visit the Bergamot distillers.
- I am traveling to France with my husband for a distillation of lavender
Think Outside the Posterboard
If you want to be really creative, you can make your vision board on a material other than posterboard. Here is one I created in 2005 on a Barbie car as a metaphor for “going places.”