What better way to celebrate the special men in our lives than with a personalized gift? This year, let’s think outside the box and delve into the art of making homemade men’s cologne using essential oils. In this blog post, I will guide you through an easy DIY recipe to create a fragrant masterpiece that will make your dad’s heart (and nose) swoon! In this blog post, we will explore the art of making a men’s cologne with essential oils, and I will provide you with a simple yet captivating DIY recipe to get you started.
Essential oils are concentrated plant extracts with an array of incredible fragrances with therapeutic benefits! They are like nature’s little bottles of aromatic magic yet are derived from natural plants like flowers, leaves, citrus fruits, and even the wood and roots of trees. When you blend different essential oils together, you’ll be able to create a unique fragrance that will be a healthy alternative to synthetic colognes, a highly personalized gift and it may even become his personal signature fragrance!
Recipe for Homemade Men’s Cologne:
For this DIY men’s cologne, you will be using a combination of essential oils that create a masculine scent. The recipe is earthy enough for the manliest man, yet has a freshness that will keep it from becoming too heavy.
- 2.5 oz. Denatured Alcohol, High Proof Vodka, or Perfumer’s Alcohol
- 1 oz. Distilled Water
- 15 drops Lime Essential Oil (Citrus aurantifolia) steam distilled only to avoid phototoxicity
- 10 drops Patchouli Essential Oil (Pogostemon cablin)
- 5 drops Bay Laurel (aka Laurel Leaf) Essential Oil (Laurus nobilis)
- 3 drops Black Pepper Essential Oil (Piper nigrum)
- 5 drops Vetiver Essential Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides)
- 4 fl oz glass spray bottle
Directions: Add the water and alcohol to a 4 oz. glass spray bottle. Add essential oils and shake well a couple of times a day for 2-3 days to help the mixture blend well together. You can substitute any of these oils for ones you know he prefers. The oils essential oils will tend to float to the top of the water so be sure he shakes his bottle well before each use to keep the essential oils evenly distributed.
Substitutions: If you want to try other essential oils in this recipe, here are some that work in masculine blends:
- Sandalwood (Santalum album)
- Scotch Pine (Pinus sylvestris)
- Spikenard (Nardostachys jatamansi)
- Black Spruce (Picea mariana)
- Orange Essential Oil (Citrus sinensis)
- Ginger Essential Oil (Zingiber officinale)
Safety Note: If your man tends to have sensitive skin, do a patch test by spraying a tiny bit on the inside of his elbow to be sure he doesn’t experience irritation from your gift of love.
Where to Buy Essential Oils?
I love this Essential Oil Supplier – and they have GC/MS reports right on the website!
👉 Natures Gift Aromatherapy👈
Have you ever made an aromatic gift for your Husband, Father, Nephew, Brother, or Friend?
Leave a comment below and tell us how it went. Did he like it?
Speaking of likes…