Welcome to the Aromatic Wisdom Podcast!
In today’s episode, you’ll learn the basics of an Essential Oil Chemical Family and the importance of getting even a basic grasp of the general characteristics of each of the ten chemical families. You will feel so empowered and your therapeutic blending skills will improve!
Enjoy the podcast! It is my sincere hope that you will feel inspired to explore essential oils deeper after listening and what is possible for your health and well-being when you include aromatherapy into your life.
In Episode 32 You Will Discover:
- How having even a little knowledge of EO chemistry can have a big impact on the safe and effective application of essential oils.
- What is an “essential oil chemical family” anyway?
- A cheat sheet for a quick view of chemical family properties + shelf life.
- How you can improve your blends therapeutic formulations if you choose your essential oils from a chemical family perspective.
- How essential oil safety is grounded in chemistry.
SHOW NOTES (Links and resources mentioned in this podcast episode)
- AWP 008: Why Every Aromatherapist Should Learn Essential Oil Chemistry
- Cheat Sheet: Ten Essential Oil Chemical Families and their General Characteristics
- A Glossary of Essential Oil Properties
Click here to leave a review and subscribe to the show!
Thanks, Liz! I always wanted more information about the Chemical Families. Your print out on those is great. I love and use hydrosols for everything. They are not as strong as essential oils, but heave the same chemicals in them, along with water, I guess. I use Rosemary in the morning on my hair!
Thank you for this interesting podcast. There is a lot of very important, but hard to remember information. It would be very helpful to have a cheat sheet whee we can also see at a glance which oils belong to which families, safety issues and how fast they could expire.
Also if you can mention the oils besides each family on your cheat sheet which you have linked to from this page it would be helpful. Than you.
Thanks for sharing this podcast with so useful information aboutr the oils chemical Families
I just discover you blog, I love it !!
Thank you, Liz, for this interesting podcast.
Your whole blog is great as well!
I started with related post section of this article and still haven’t finished 🙂
Aww that’s so great to hear Sascha! Thank you for your kind words and please don’t hesitate to contact me if I can answer any questions. Warm Regards, Liz
Essential oils are the best thing to use when I massage my body after work, it relieves my tiredness…
What essential oil do you find give you energy John? I love the citrus oils and rosemary; so uplifting and brighten my day! Liz
Thanks, Liz for the useful article! I’m a big fan of essential oils. Im currently using Lavender Oil and feel so great, very satisfied