Hydrosols at HomeLearn How to Distill and Use Your Own Aromatic Waters
Hydrosols at Home: Summer 2018
Hydrosols at Home: Learn How to Distill and Use Your Own Hydrosols!
Dates: June 21 – 24 (Thur – Sun)
Time: 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Location: Aromatic Wisdom Institute, Selinsgrove, PA
Instructor: Liz Fulcher
Tuition: $575 (includes all blending supplies, the use of over 15 hydrosols, student manual plus all distillation material)
Distillate waters date back hundreds, if not thousands of years, and actually predate essential oils.
The word hydrosol comes from the Latin root “hydro” and “sol” which means “water solution.” When a plant is distilled to obtain an essential oil, many chemical compounds of the plant build up in the water. A hydrosol is the distillate water that remains under the thin layer of essential oil after the steaming process. Hydrosols contain many of the same beneficial components of essential oils, but in a much more subtle, gentle way.
Hydrosols can be used in a myriad of therapeutic, aesthetic and energetic applications. They are beneficial for all skin types and safe to use with babies and animals.
In this full 4-day class, you will learn how to easily make hydrosols in small batches and how to use what you make!
- Learn the history of ancient aromatic waters
- Discover methods of application of hydrosols
- Become knowledgeable in the therapeutic properties of 10 organic hydrosols
- Learn about the different types of stills: copper, glass and stainless steel
- Discover ways to use hydrosols in skin care and product making
- Create six hydrosol blends to take home
- AND…we will do a live steam distillation, producing our own hydrosol right in the classroom!
NOTE: We will have beautiful hand-crafted premium copper stills available for site during this class. If you wish to purchase a kit, you can take everything home with you ready to distill immediately!
To see our still kits, please go to Copperstills.com