Do you have happy memories associated with certain aromas? Here are ten aromas that make me feel warm and fuzzy inside, either because they smell lovely or bring back a happy memory. They aren’t necessarily essential oils or even have a natural source. They just elicite lovely memories. Are there specific smells that make you feel happy?
1. Coffee, that someone else has made, wafting upstairs to the bedroom first thing in the morning.
2. The Bean’s neck (my grandson).
3. I once lived in an apartment in Philadelphia that was directly across the street from an Italian bakery. The morning air was always dense with the mouth-watering aroma of fresh baked bread. Heavenly.
4. Clinque’s Aromatic Elixir because it’s what my mom wore.
5. Wet, dusty earth moistened in those first moments of a summer rain.
6. My husband’s skin.
7. Chanel No 5 Soap. It was what I bathed with shortly after the birth of my first son. The aroma can still transport me to that amazing day.
8. New books.
9. Fresh cut grass.
10. Vintage Patchouli essential oil.
How about you?
Share YOUR favorite aromas and why you like them - in the comment section below.