I’ve become completely enamored with natural cleaning.
Let me be perfectly clear, I am not a woman who loves to clean. Given some free time, I’ll write, read, surf the net or eat ice cream before I run the sweeper or scrub the bathtub. But since I like a bright, germ-free, fresh-smelling home, clean I must.
- The products enter my lungs and absorb in my skin;
- The risk of exposing my family and pets to those toxins;
- In one way or another, they end up in our Earth;
- With my shopping dollars, I’m voting to keep them on the shelves.
Doesn’t that mean that the dirt in your house is less toxic than the chemicals you use to remove it?!
The Bottom Line
Keeping your home clean, toxic-free and smelling wonderful, you don’t need to spend a lot of money or use any commercial cleaning products. You only need four items:
Natural Soft Scrub
- 2 C. baking soda
- 4 Tablespoons organic liquid castile soap
- 1 Tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 40 drops organic essential oils of Lemon, Pine, Rosemary, Tea Tree (any preferred aroma really. It’s also a good way to use up oils that might be getting older.)
- Mix and store in a sealed glass jar. Shelf life is about two years. Tip: For really tough jobs, spray with the distilled vinegar first, let it sit then follow up with the scrub.