Happy New Year and Welcome to the Aromatic Wisdom Podcast!
In today’s episode, you’ll learn the basics what an essential oil chemical families and the importance of getting even a basic grasp of general characteristics of each of the ten chemical families. You will feel so empowered and your therapeutic blending skills will improve!
Enjoy the podcast! It is my sincere hope that you will feel inspired to explore essential oils deeper after listening and learn what is possible for your health and well-being when you include aromatherapy into your life.
- How having even a little knowledge of EO chemistry can have a big impact on the safe and effective application of essential oils.
- What is an “essential oil chemical family” anyway?
- A cheat sheet for a quick view of chemical family properties + shelf life.
- A website page where you can find essential oil sorted by chemical family (I forgot to mention this in the podcast, but I shared a link to it in the show notes).
- How you can improve your blends therapeutic formulations if you choose your essential oils from a chemical family perspective.
- How essential oil safety is grounded in chemistry.
SHOW NOTES (Links and resources mentioned in this podcast episode)
- AWP 008: Why Every Aromatherapist Should Learn Essential Oil Chemistry
- Cheat Sheet: Ten Essential Oil Chemical Families and their General Characteristics
- I forgot to mention this in the recording, but you can find essential oils already grouped by chemical family on this page>> Search Pompeii Organic Essential Oils by Chemical Family
- Aromatherapy Certification Program Spring 2018
- A Glossary of Essential Oil Properties
Soundcloud (I’m still uploading episodes here)
And Finally, If you’d like me to answer an aromatherapy or essential oil question in a podcast episode, leave a comment below with your question or write to me on my contact page below. Put “Ask Liz” in the subject line! AromaticWisdomInstitute.com/contact